Klamath Blue Green Algae® is a wild and certified organic blue green algae that is harvested from the high-mineral crystal waters of Upper Klamath Lake, in the North-Western American state of Oregon. It's botanical name is Afanazomenon Flos-Aquae, and is collected using a unique floating harvester, engineered with state-of-the-art screening and refrigeration systems. The algae is then cool-dried using a gentle drying system to maintain nutritional integrity, and also concentrating its goodness by up to 20 times. Each and every batch is then lab tested to ensure purity before the algae is packed either straight into jars, or in vegan capsules and tablets.
This organic blue green algae has received wide mainstream media attention: Newsweek magazine reported that this wild wholefood from Upper Klamath Lake is one of the fastest growing items in the health food market; and it has been described in the British press as the greenfood supplement of choice by various high-profile personalities such as Jennifer Aniston, Bruce Willis and Demi Moore.
While vitamin and mineral supplements have become heavily promoted for nearly a half-century, wild greenfoods such as Klamath blue green algae are becoming important components of leading-edge nutritional regimes as we find that wholefood nutrients are far better aborbed and utlized by the body than sythetically concentrated and isolated nutritional extracts. This is why many natural healthcare practitioners - including physicians, naturopaths, homeopaths, acupuncturists and chiropractors - are using The Really Healthy Company's algae as part of their patients' nutritional regimes.
- Klamath Blue Green Algae® grows wild and organically without pesticides or artificial fertilizers in a highly mineralized lake in the NW United States.
- The algae is cool-air dried to retain enzymatic/nutritional integrity. This also concentrate its goodness, increasing its nutritional value by as much as 20x.
- KBG Algae is one of the only vegetarian sources of vitamin B12, providing 133% of the RDA.
- It contains 60% high quality protein.
- Highest beta-carotene content per gram of any food - a provitamin that boosts the immune system and scavenges free radicals that can cause oxidative damage in the body.
- Richest known source of chlorophyll, which can help our bodies in cell regeneration, blood purification and general detoxification.
- Its high nutrient content and low calorie count (4 calories per gram) make it compatible with weight-loss programs.
- Enzyme active for complete and easy absorption.
- Full spectrum of trace minerals.
- Source of fatty acids and nucleic acids.
- Klamath Blue Green Algae is a brand that is toxin-free due to unique filtering and processing systems used by its harvesters.
- The algae can grow very quickly and in great abundance, which means that the harvesting of it does not adversely affect the Klamath Lake eco system.
More informations http://www.algae.co.uk/