What is Engystol?
Engystol® is an immunostimulating homeopathic remedy which has been scientifically proven to significantly reduce the duration and severity of symptoms during an acute viral infection (when given as a treatment) and help protect against subsequent infections (when given as prophylaxis).
What does Engystol do?
The aim of treatment with Engystol® is to activate and support the body’s endogenous defense mechanisms, ie, to:
• Strengthen the natural immune response in cases of viral invasion, resulting in milder symptoms and shorter recovery times.
• Protect against subsequent infections.
For example, taken either preventively or at the first signs of a cold, Engystol® has been used empirically to prevent the development of acute symptoms.
Antiviral activity of Engystol
Basic research has revealed the activity of Engystol® against viruses, such as adenovirus Type 5, Herpes Simplex Virus type 1 (HSV 1) and Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV), and Human Rhino Virus (HRV).
In a clinical setting, Engystol® has also been shown to shorten the time of infection and reduce antibody titres against influenza A.
These results were observed via a double-blind, placebo-controlled trial for the prophylaxis of flu (influenza) and the common cold.
Benefits of Engystol
- • Scientifically demonstrated and clinically proven efficacy and safety
- • May be used for both treatment and prevention of various viral infections
- • Stimulates the non-specific and specific immune system (an immunostimulator), thereby strengthening the immune system
- • Safe for pregnant women or nursing mothers, as well as the entire family
- • No known side effects, contraindications or interactions
- • Very well-tolerated
- • Suitable for long-term treatment
- • May be combined with other natural or conventional immunostimulating therapies.
Should I use Engystol?
Consider using Engystol in a prophylactic (preventative) and therapeutic way:-
- Patients who are susceptible to, or who have, a viral infection, such as a cold or flu.
- Patients with pre-existing medical conditions, or those over 65 years of age, who might be more suspectible to viral infections, e.g., in winter.
- Primarily healthy younger children who might be susceptible to viral infections, e.g., RSV, in the winter season.
- The entire family with viral infections.
When to Take Engystol
- Before travelling for long hours on trains/aeroplanes
- Before spending additional time with general population (e.g. long haul train journey's, flights etc)
- Before a big party with poor air circulation
- Autumn / Winter season
- Before going on holiday
- If feeling run down / very tired
- Pre/post surgery, when the body's immune system can be weakened due to other stresses on the body
- Signs of a viral infection, e.g. a cold, herpes simplex virus
1 tablet contains:
Vincetoxicum hirundinaria D6, Vincetoxicum hirundinaria D10, Vincetoxicum hirundinaria D30 ana 75 mg, Sulfur D4, Sulfur D10 ana 37.5 mg, lactose.
Viral infections, including influenza. Chronic diseases with a decrease in immunity.
oral: 1 tablet 1 - 3 times a day sublingually.
Product made in Germany - Box in Poland